Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Special Olympics Tennessee. We look forward to having you as a part of our team.
In order to register and get started as a volunteer with Special Olympics Tennessee, please click on the Volunteer Registration Form, complete the form and return the form to Carolyn Russell, Volunteer Director, either by faxing it to 615-327-1465 or mailing it to the SOTN State office at 1900 12th Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37203
If you have already volunteered at one of our state or local competitions and would like to become more involved with a local program or delegation, please click on the Class A Volunteer Form on the right side of this page in order to to download, complete and submit the Class A Volunteer application. After completing the application, please mail to Joanne Drumright1900 12th Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37203.
The Class A Volunteer form is intended for Class A Volunteers affiliated with a local program or those who wish to apply for Class A Volunteer status. (Event day volunteers also known as Class B volunteers are not required to fill out the Class A form).
Class A volunteers include all of the following:
This includes but is not limited to: area directors, heads of delegation, coaches, unified partners, and chaperones.
- Volunteers who have regular, close physical contact with athletes
- Volunteers in a position of authority and supervision of athletes
- Volunteers in a position of trust with athletes
- Volunteers who handle substantial amounts of cash or other assets of the organization/program (“substantial” is defined as $5,000 or more)
- Any volunteer with a significant role within the organization